This is an update from Shan for Dave Shevock. We are so sorry to report that Dave passed away on Saturday. Thank you for your prayers for the repose of his soul, and may God bless you and your family, Teri & Michael (see below)
Dear Michael,
I hope this finds you well.
If you could please ask the Prayer Warriors to lift up Dave who passed over today (Saturday) around noon, I'd be grateful. May Dave's spirit and eternal peace carry his beloved husband and family and numerous friends through this difficult transition.
Thank you,
Shan
In Loving Memory
Almighty God, through the death of Your Son on the cross, You have overcome death for us. Through his burial and resurrection from the dead You have made the grave a holy place and restored us to eternal life. We pray for those who died believing in Jesus and are buried with him in the hope of rising again. God of the living and the dead, may those who faithfully believed in You on earth praise You forever in the joy of heaven. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayer of Solace
May Christ support us all the day long, till the shadows lengthen, and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and our work is done. Then in his mercy may he give us a safe lodging, and holy rest and peace at the last.
PRAYER FOR MIRACLES & HEALING
Heavenly Father, I trust in Your great love for me and all Your people. I ask You to unleash a wave of miracles and healing throughout Your church through the prayers of Your people. Touch the sick and the suffering, and restore them to wholeness and well-being. Lord Jesus, I ask for the grace to pray with expectant faith for my brothers and sisters who are hurting and in need of Your healing touch. Holy Spirit, open my eyes to see the kingdom of God all around me. Help me to recognize Your presence and Your work in the people I meet, and to be responsive to people I encounter that are in need of prayer. In the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
previous request...
Hi Michael,
I hope you and Teri are doing well and know that you're always in my prayers. I truly appreciate you and all that you do.
Three years ago, I wrote you about my friend Dave Shevock who I met 17 years ago at St. Agatha's. At the time of the prayer request, Dave was about to undergo brain surgery. He made it through thankfully. While he was always a bright, shiny star that gave so much to so many of us, the last three years have been erratic for him and his family having had a total of 5 surgeries in 3 years. While his health never fully returned, he never lost faith and got some really rich moments of joy. And he gave them too.
Dave's faith has reinforced everyone lucky enough to cross his path…like it would when he'd bartend at the church festival. Dave's done all he can and more than most would attempt in light of his diagnosis and prognosis. He's lived twice as long after diagnosis because of his deep inner strength and was willingness to try new nutritional and non-traditional treatment options however out-of-the-ordinary alongside the best, possible medical plan. Because of Dave's approach, doctors know more now than they did three years ago about his disease, neuroblastoma. His life with cancer will change others' lives with cancer for the better in the future. Like every day before his diagnosis, Dave has done everything he could on his own terms, and received twice as much time as the average person does with his diagnosis. And ALL of us have benefited greatly from his beautiful light.
Unfortunately, Dave's cancer has returned, and it's more aggressive than it's ever been. He can't communicate anymore, which is difficult because he always had a worthwhile opinion and damn good advice. He's been the rock for so many of us on so many occasions. It seems unfair that there's nothing any of us can do for him now but continue his prayers and keep his light shining.
With that in mind, I ask the Prayer Warriors on Dave's behalf to raise up his beloved husband, parents, sisters, nieces, nephews, family and friends so they may have comfort in this difficult time.
I also think Dave would wish everyone gets everything s/he can out of and give everything to each of life's moments.
I personally ask that God give him all of the comfort and security that he's given to me over the years. He's been a true blessing of a friend from the really good times to the not so good ones. His love and light has helped me see whatever path unfolds before me with more clarity and appreciation…especially for the company. May Dave know how much we all deeply LOVE him, what a HUGE difference he's made in all of our lives and the certainty that his light will forever shine brightly on this earth through us.
May he be safe. May he be free from pain. And may he find peace knowing that he'll always be with us forever in our hearts.
With love and gratitude,
Shan
No comments:
Post a Comment