This is from Lisa Parisi of St Augustine's. Please add her to your prayers as she is facing the challenge of her life with her battle against breast cancer. Thank you for your prayers and God bless you, Michael (see Lisa's current progress below)
5 weeks of chemo out of the first half of 15 sessions every Monday.
I began to lose my long thick hair on Wednesday July 9th, 2008.
Wow, a lot of hair I have meant the more I have to lose!
I cut it short on Monday after I purchased 2 wigs.
I still can not bring myself to cut the little bit of hair I have left, even though it is so thin I can see my scalp, and I have a receding hair line. It is so ugly.
I lost about 9lbs since I started chemo.
They told me not to lose weight while on chemo.
Thank God I have some fat to spare.
So I am cancer free right now since surgery. Removal of left breast and 2 batches of Lymph nodes.
But....before surgery they detected a swollen lymph node under my breast bone.
The surgeon did not make a big deal out of it. But she did tell me that in the old days they used to break through the breast bone to cut out the lymph nodes that were swollen.
But now they just use chemo and radiation.
My CT scan and Pet scan did not reveal this node under my left breast bone is cancer.
The Doctors just they have a suspicion that it is cancer, but no concrete answer for me.
So Please pray this node under my breast bone is not cancer. Ot if it is, lets pray it just disappears.
I can not go through chemo and radiation again if my cancer comes back.
It is too hard.
God Bless you!.
<http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/40.gif> Lisa <http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/40.gif>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment