Friday, December 19, 2008

Please pray for family business

Forgive my lateness with sending this out, but please add these folks to your prayers. Thank you and God bless, Michael (see below)
Would you please pray for our family business' protection, preservation and prosperity?  We have been in business for 10 years this coming May.   We feel a calling to work with children teaching gymnastics through music and movement( including a large segment of special needs children).
 
Because our city has exploded commercially, with families moving here etc.  A franchise  has decided to open up across the street from us. It has another location about 10 miles away.
 
My wife and I have 5 children to support, and we know that God gave us this business.
 
The family that plans to open this up in January '09 has 4 franchises, and they are planning for this to be their 5th.
 
Luke 12:15 "And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods, And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat drink , and be merry."
 
I'm sorry , but I think this is wrong, and is just greed pure and simple.
 
Would you please pray for us?  And if possible would you pray for divine intervention to stop them from doing this to us?
 
We have been struggling during our years in business, but God has certainly provided and enabled us to make a living that would not otherwise be possible as far as we can see.
 
I would be most grateful for your earnest prayers.
 
Most franchises are business investments, whose owners don't necessarily have a love for the business they purchase, but are looking purely at the potential for profit.  They are not interacting with their clientele, and hire young people with minimal training, but use the brand name and the psychology of aesthetics  to be successful. 
 
Please also pray for our finances.
 
Please pray for us.                
 
 
Sincerely,
 
Mr. Ashley D

2 comments:

Patty_Poppins said...

I am a small business owner also.
I am praying for you and your family.
I totally understand your prayer request.
Please pray for my small business also. A large Corporation is possibly trying to snuff me out....
Proverbs 3:5

St Agatha Parish Family said...

Hi Patty, thank you for leaving your comment, we will pray for you.