This is an update from Herbert Holt on Fr. Kolling after his apparently successful surgery. Thank you for your continued prayers and God bless you all, Teri & Michael (see below, with history)
Here is a recent update on my friend Fr. Kolling. Thanks for all your prayers. Herb.
Today Friday, Oct 14, Father Kolling went in and had surgery and is in recovery. He is moving both legs and the surgeon is pleased with the results. That is all the news on Father Kolling and it is good as of 1:45pm Friday. Prayer After A Successful Surgery
Blessed Savior, I thank you that this operation is safely past, and now I rest in your abiding presence, relaxing every tension, releasing every care and anxiety, receiving more and more of your healing life into every part of my being. In moments of pain I turn to you for strength, in times of loneliness I feel your loving nearness. Grant that your life and love and joy may flow through me for the healing of others in your name. Amen.
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:41 PM
Blessed Savior, I thank you that this operation is safely past, and now I rest in your abiding presence, relaxing every tension, releasing every care and anxiety, receiving more and more of your healing life into every part of my being. In moments of pain I turn to you for strength, in times of loneliness I feel your loving nearness. Grant that your life and love and joy may flow through me for the healing of others in your name. Amen.
Previous messages:
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 3:14 PM, James Kolling wrote:
Tomorrow is my surgery and I want to thank all of you, and many who are not listed, for your prayers and kind wishes. God bless you all.
Thanks, Mary Golad
Parish Secretary
----- Original Message -----
From Herb:
Dear Teri & Mike, please ask our prayer warriors to join me in prayers for my very dear friend of many years, Fr. James Kolling. As you can gather from below, he will be going through several spinal surgeries. Let us ask our Lord God to give him courage and the strength and grant him the healing according to HIS will. Thanks a million, Herb.
Just a short explanation of what is happening with me.
I have had problems with pain for a number of years, thinking that I had a problem with my hips and that I might eventually have to have surgery on them. I had been seeing an arthritis doctor and I had physical therapy a number of times, but no relief. Last April an MRI was done that showed I had stenosis on my lower lumbar discs and a cracked disk at L1 and T 12. I was told I needed surgery and was sent to a neurosurgeon
The neurosurgeon had a series of MRIs and x-rays which showed even more damage to my thoracic and cervical discs. He sent me to another neurosurgeon who had even more x-rays and CT scans done.
The result of all this is that I have to have surgery on my spine. The most serious problem will be taken care of on September 6 if they can form a team of surgeons to work on me. Otherwise the surgery will be on the 20th. They will removed the calcified disk at L1 and T12 by operating through my right side entering just under the ribs. I will recover at the hospital and begin physical therapy there and will probably have another week or two of therapy at an adjacent facility.
This will take place at Cedars/Sinai and the surgeon will be a Dr. Johnson who developed this particular surgery and is extremely well known for his skill.
If there are any other facts that arise I will inform you. I am writing this to ask you for your prayers. The other surgery on the less serious parts of my spine will be done at a later date. Thanks in advance for your prayers.
Fr. Jim Kolling
No comments:
Post a Comment