Monday, November 26, 2012

Prayer Requests from Shane: Updated Prayer Requests

This is an update from previous requests plus a very important prayer request from Shane, and we thank you so much for adding them to your prayers. May God bless you and your families, Teri & Michael (see below)
 
 
Michael & Teri - 

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving... I know my family is thankful for you and this ministry!

I would like to update our prayer community on two of my previous requests and ask for continued support:

My stepfather's sister, Palma, who has been suffering for some time from failing organs, has been moved into hospice care.  Please keep her and her family in your prayers.  She is a wife, mother, and grandmother.

My stepsister, Lisa, had a mass in her breast tissue that turned out not to be cancerous (praise God!) but will present a recurring health issue in the future, even though she has had it removed.  Unfortunately, a more pressing issue is that Lisa has been in an abusive marriage for many years.  Saturday night her husband badly broke her eye socket, and she has finally agreed to press charges against him.  Prayers are needed for her physical and emotional healing, for psychological strength to stay on the right path and eject this violent man from her life, for protection from her husband, and for her sons, who are simultaneously frightened, ashamed at not having been able to protect her, and dealing with their own anger issues.

We should also pray for her husband, that he turns himself in to authorities, complies with all legal rulings in this matter, and gets the anger management and counseling that he desperately needs to be a better father and a productive member of society.

Thanks and God Bless!!!

Shane   
 
 

PRAYER FOR MIRACLES & HEALING

Heavenly Father, I trust in Your great love for me and all Your people. I ask You to unleash a wave of miracles and healing throughout Your church through the prayers of Your people. Touch the sick and the suffering, and restore them to wholeness and well­-being. Lord Jesus, I ask for the grace to pray with expectant faith for my brothers and sisters who are hurting and in need of Your healing touch. Holy Spirit, open my eyes to see the kingdom of God all around me. Help me to recognize Your presence and Your work in the people I meet, and to be responsive to people I encounter that are in need of prayer.  In the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.


No comments: