Evening Michael and Teri,
How are you two today? I hope this finds you both enjoying the best of health.
Today I write with a heavy heart and a headache that seems to be getting worse. My family and I desperately need the Prayer Warriors to keep us lifted in prayer because my 20 year old great nephew was killed last night in a motor cycle accident in Texas. As these tragedies are just that, tragic,
for us it is almost incomprehensible because 9 years ago this same niece buried the youngest of her two sons after he drowned in Lake Havasu. Austin was 10 at the time. My heart aches so much today for Erica and Louis as they prepare to bury another a second son, their first born. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain they are in. I have been trying to find words to say that may bring some degree of comfort but right now I am at a complete loss.
Donovan was such a sweet young man, respectful, fun loving, hard working. He was having a hard time finding his way, he did not know what he wanted to do with his life and even with his indecision, he did not stray to the dark side of drugs or alcohol.
Prayer Warriors please pray for strength for me so I can be a source of comfort for my niece and her husband, for my sister Lorita, Donovan's grandmother, for comfort for his aunts, uncle and cousins. All of us need strength, patience now more than ever we must call on our love for each other and belief in God our Father to get us through this.
I wish to thank each of you Prayer Warriors and especially you Mike and Teri, in advance for your prayers and kind thoughts at this time.
Sandy Domingue
In Loving Memory
Almighty God, through the death of Your Son on the cross, You have overcome death for us. Through his burial and resurrection from the dead You have made the grave a holy place and restored us to eternal life. We pray for those who died believing in Jesus and are buried with him in the hope of rising again. God of the living and the dead, may those who faithfully believed in You on earth praise You forever in the joy of heaven. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayer of Solace
May Christ support us all the day long, till the shadows lengthen, and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and our work is done. Then in his mercy may he give us a safe lodging, and holy rest and peace at the last.
Amen.
May Christ support us all the day long, till the shadows lengthen, and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and our work is done. Then in his mercy may he give us a safe lodging, and holy rest and peace at the last.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment