Sunday, December 13, 2015

Prayer Request from Pam Terry - I need prayers for my surgeries again

This is from Pam Terry. Thank you so much for keeping her requests in your prayers and may God bless you and your loved ones, Teri & Michael (see below)



Dear Michael and Teri, I come to you again so very grateful that you kindly, and humbly, keep this great ministry a living testament to God, for all of us that are in need.
 
I've written a rather long prayer request today.
 
Dear Prayer Warriors, I need your prayers for my surgeries again.
As you know we were all joyous Nov 7th when Kaiser approved my appeal for me to have the lipedema liposuction surgeries I need. Since then, I have been in a battle to get the paper work for the permission for the number of surgeries I need, which body parts need the surgeries, and the total time duration they are allowing me to accomplish the surgeries. Everything is being held up by one Kaiser doctor, plastic surgeon Dr. Wexler.
 
The legal department approved me for surgery, but a formal directive, (an Outside Referral), must be written by a Kaiser doctor. The protocol is for it to be written by the head of the department where the procedure (in my case surgery), would normally be done if Kaiser was able to provide the care. Therefore, my lipedema liposuction surgeries request was sent to Plastic Surgery Department Head, Dr. Wexler. The problem I have voiced from the beginning, since hearing Dr. Wexler was put in charge of determining my surgeries is, (1) Dr. Wexler is the surgeon who denied me the surgeries and refused to write me an Outside Referral in the first place, which is why I had to hire an lawyer and appeal his decision. (2) I have a formal Federal complaint against Dr. Wexler that has been under review this entire time.
 
Usually once an appeal is approved, it is only a few days for the Outside Referral to be written. Dr. Wexler took until Nov 24th, mailed it on Nov 27th, and I received it on Nov 30th. He back dated the time in which he is allowing me to get the surgeries to Nov 17, and has concluded it for Feb 15, 2016, (3 months). I need 5 surgeries. The plastic surgeon who will do the surgeries wants to space them 6 weeks apart, for my health and safety. The earliest I can get on his surgical schedule for my first surgery is January 28th.
 
In addition to the insufficient amount of time to get my surgeries done, Dr. Wexler wrote me a different Outside Referral than he did to the outside plastic surgeon, which could have cost me $30,000, because surgeries outside of the scope of the Outside Referral would have been performed, and I would have been financially responsible. Dr. Wexler wrote my Outside Referral for 2 lower extremity surgeries (to which my surgeon would have done both thighs, calves and ankles). Except, Dr. Wexler, wrote my surgeon's Outside Referral for 2 lower extremity surgeries, with a Special Instruction on the back of his referral stating, 2 Calves ONLY.
 
God has finally let somebody who can take some sort of action hear my complaints about Dr. Wexler being a part of this process. All I know is that discussions are being held about me. I haven't been told what they are about, just that it is an escalation of my case. That was a week ago. Tomorrow/Today (Friday), I am supposed to find out something about the discussions, but not necessarily everything that is being discussed has been decided upon. Please pray to our Lord for me. Pray to God, to allow Kaiser, to let my lipedema plastic surgeon make the decisions as to how many surgeries I need, when I should have them, and that Kaiser will fully fund them (yet another problem that has occurred since they've approved me).
 
I truly believe that God would not have let me know that I have lipedema, if he didn't want me to have these curative surgeries. I could have gone through life accepting that I had lymphedema, a disorder with no cure, that I had been misdiagnosed as having for the past 7 years. There is a lot of preparation involved prior to these surgeries. You will see me coming to church with bandaged legs or arms, using a walker or canes, just know that all is well, it's just a part of the process. I will be proceeding forward believing that God will continue to find in my favor for these surgeries, and as such, I must be ready when the time comes for them to begin.
 
I need your prayers and the comfort of our God to help me through this stressful ordeal.
 
Thank you, and God bless all of you.
 
Your sister in Christ,
Pam Terry


PRAYER FOR MIRACLES & HEALING

Heavenly Father, I trust in Your great love for me and all Your people. I ask You to unleash a wave of miracles and healing throughout Your church through the prayers of Your people. Touch the sick and the suffering, and restore them to wholeness and well­-being. Lord Jesus, I ask for the grace to pray with expectant faith for my brothers and sisters who are hurting and in need of Your healing touch. Holy Spirit, open my eyes to see the kingdom of God all around me. Help me to recognize Your presence and Your work in the people I meet, and to be responsive to people I encounter that are in need of prayer.  In the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

No comments: