Monday, April 20, 2020

Urgent Prayer Request from Rebecca Street

This is from Rebecca. Thank you so much for your prayers and may God bless you and your family, Teri & Michael (see below)



Dear Michael,

I ask for urgent prayers for my precious niece Rebecca, mother of two, who has breast cancer.  Chemo & radiation did not get rid of the cancer but it has been held at bay for several years with medication. The doctors now fear it has gone to her lungs and tests are being done today.  Please pray that the cancer has not spread and that our loving Lord will continue to keep Rebecca safe and healthy.
_________
On a happy note, I want the prayer team to know that despite being hospitalized with COVID-19 I am doing well now and getting stronger day by day. Praise Jesus.

Thank you and God bless you all.
Rebecca Street



Prayer for Healing
Lord, look upon Rebecca with eyes of mercy, may Your healing hand rest upon her, may Your life giving powers flow into every cell of her body and into the depths of her soul, cleansing, purifying, restoring her to wholeness and strength for service in Your Kingdom. Amen.

St. Agatha Prayer
St. Agatha, woman of valor, from your own suffering we have been moved to ask your prayers for those of us who suffer from breast cancer. We place the name before you, and ask you to intercede on their behalf. From where you stand in the health of life eternal—all wounds healed and all tears wiped away—pray for Rebecca, and all of us. Pray God will give us His holy benediction of health and healing. And we remember you were a victim of torture and that you learned, first hand, of human cruelty and inhumanity. We ask you to pray for our entire world. Ask God to enlighten us with a "genius for peace and understanding." Ask Him to send us His Spirit of Serenity, and ask Him to help us share that peace with all we meet. From what you learned from your own path of pain, ask God to give us the Grace we need to remain holy in difficulties, not allowing our anger or our bitterness to overtake us. Pray that we will be more peaceful and more charitable. And from your holy pace in our mystical body, the Church, pray that we, in our place and time will, together, create a world of justice and peace. Amen.
Vocatusatque non vocatus, Deus aderit
Invited or not, God is present!

PRAYER FOR WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCER
Father, for the strength You have given me I thank You. 
For the health You have blessed me with, I thank You. 
For the women who are going through breast cancer and their families 
I ask You to strengthen and to heal as You see fit. 
Lord we know You want us to be in good health and to prosper. 
Lord use us to do the work You have for us to do. 
For we know time is getting short on this earth. 
Lord be with every woman who is sick 
and encourage them as only You can. 
I know how faithful You are. 
You have shown Yourself to be everything 
You say You are in Your Holy Word. 
I praise You for You made this body 
and You can heal this body. 
In Jesus Name I pray. 
Amen.



previous request...
This was received 3/27 from choir member Rebecca in New York and I sincerely apologize for losing track of it. Please keep Rebecca, Amanda and Jason in your prayers for Rebecca's complete healing and Amanda & Jason's continued good health. Thank you so much and may God bless you and all of us at this time and always, Teri & Michael (see below)

Dear Michael & Teri,

Thank you again for your beautiful ministry.  I hope you both and the St. Agatha's prayer warriors are weathering this tempestuous storm!  Fortunately we have Jesus to calm the waters.
I am writing to request prayers for myself, my daughter Amanda, and my son-in-law Jason.  I have been quite sick and this past Monday tested positive for the virus.

Amanda & Jason had come to NYC for a second IVF in February but of course that has been postponed.  It's been a great gift to have them nearby.  On Thursday the 19th, with dogs in tow  we arrived in Granville, NY.  Amanda has a good friend whose parents have a home here that is not being used. We feel  SO lucky to be out of the city!!!
I had been experiencing minor symptoms since the 17th and then started throwing up pretty violently Thursday evening.  Must have thrown up  a dozen times when Amanda & Jason decided to take me to the hospital. The staff took me in right away and put me on an IV for about 5 hours and also gave me anti-nausea stuff. That night they tested me. and on Monday, the 23rd  I received a call that I am positive. Please don't worry. I am feeling better day by day.  And though I am not out of the woods yet, over all I am so much stronger than I was.  My big concern is that my lungs are okay.

Needless to say, I am very worried about Amanda & Jason. They cannot be tested unless they become sick as they are saving tests and though I am so grateful to have their care, I sure wish they had not been exposed.  Amanda has been experiencing mild symptoms
Your prayers are much appreciated!

Take good care of yourselves and God bless you and all the saints!
Much love,
Rebecca


A Plea for Divine Help
Hear us, Lord, holy Father, almighty and eternal God, and graciously send Your holy angel from heaven to watch over, to cherish, to protect and to abide with Rebecca and her daughter Amanda and son-in-law Jason. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer for Healing
Lord, look upon Rebecca and her family with eyes of mercy, may Your healing hand rest upon them, may Your life giving powers flow into every cell of their bodies and into the depths of their souls, cleansing, purifying, restoring them to wholeness and strength for service in Your Kingdom. Amen.

COVID-19: A PRAYER OF SOLIDARITY

For all who have contracted the corona virus,
     We pray for care and healing.
For those who are particularly vulnerable,
     We pray for safety and protection.
For all who experience fear or anxiety,
     We pray for peace of mind and spirit.
For affected families who are facing difficult
  decisions between food on the table or public safety,
     We pray for policies that recognize their plight.
For those who do not have adequate health insurance,
     We pray that no family will face financial burdens alone.
For those who are afraid to access care due to immigration status,
     We pray for recognition of the God-given dignity of all.
For our brothers and sisters around the world,
     We pray for shared solidarity.
For public officials and decision makers,
     We pray for wisdom and guidance.
Father, during this time may 
your Church be a sign of hope, comfort and love to all.
     Grant peace.
     Grant comfort.
     Grant healing.
     Be with us, Lord.  
Amen.                                                                          [
usccb.org]



PRAYER FOR MIRACLES & HEALING
Heavenly Father, I trust in Your great love for me and all Your people. I ask You to unleash a wave of miracles and healing throughout Your church through the prayers of Your people. Touch the sick and the suffering, and restore them to wholeness and well-being. Lord Jesus, I ask for the grace to pray with expectant faith for my brothers and sisters who are hurting and in need of Your healing touch. Holy Spirit, open my eyes to see the kingdom of God all around me. Help me to recognize Your presence and Your work in the people I meet, and to be responsive to people I encounter that are in need of prayer.  In the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

No comments: