Thursday, February 23, 2012

Prayer Request from Gloria for Evelyn Smith

This is from Gloria. Most of us at St Agatha's know Evelyn Smith and for those who do not, Gloria has included a short history. Please join us in praying for Evelyn for her healing and complete recovery by the miracle healing power of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Thank you and God bless you and your families, Teri & Michael (see below)
 
 
Hi Michael, happy to hear that every thing is going well with your eyes, God is Good, and for Teri, she is in my prayers to relieve her pain.
 
Michael, I would like to ask the prayer warriors to pray for Evelyn Smith.  Little story on Ms. Evelyn, I met Ms. Evelyn when we started  first communion and confirmation classes in 2000, since then we've been friends through the years. Ms. Evelyn has been through a lot.  When we started the prayer worship she came to the first gathering in a wheel chair.  We prayed and prayed over her, three days later she called me and said "Gloria it's a miracle! I am walking."  She was so happy she volunteered for everything.  Even as a member of LA VOICE. Some time later she needed hip surgery and for 2 years she had to wait with lots of pain until her medical or Medicare could pay for the operation. She had knee surgeries, at one time. They told her she was going to lose her eye sight because of  macular degeneration of the eyes, she still sees. Including heart problems, she has been in the hospital many times with many other health problems and she always comes out triumphant.
 
That lady even though she was going through all these painful situations she was a lector and Eucharistic minister and suffering with pain she still came to church to read and to serve.  Many of you have seen her, sometimes in her wheel chair or the walker. One time I saw her with a shopping cart, she told me her walker was not working. I will tell her, "Evelyn, God Still loves you and he understands," but she refused to stop, and I know she was in a lot of pain.  She will tell me "Gloria, I am so thankful to God that I have to give back, he is always with me."
 
This past Sunday I found out that Evelyn's last surgery of the knee still hurts and is swelling, that she has only one kidney functioning, and she has cancer in her lung. The Doctor told her to have surgery–she does not want to; she said she does not want to die on the table.  She was telling me she knows she is the next one to go. And that she is glad her Granddaughter went first.  But I know she is strong and her faith will keep her going. 
 
This lady has shown me what faith is.  She always puts everything in Gods Hands.  That is why when sometimes my knee or back hurts I think of her.
 
I ASK ALL THE PRAYER WARRIORS, CAPTAINS, GENERALS TO PRAY TO OUR LORD THE GREATEST DOCTOR OF ALL TO PUT HIS HANDS ON EVELYN SMITH'S BODY AND DO HIS MIRACLE OF HEALING AGAIN, TO CONTINUE GIVING HER STRENGTH OR AT LEAST TAKE THE PAIN IN HER KNEE AND ANY PART OF HER BODY THAT HURTS AWAY.
 
IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD A SAVIOR WE PRAY
 
AMEN AMEN AMEN.
 
 Love & Blessings
    Gloria M. Hulse-Walker
 

No comments: