Monday, March 31, 2014

Prayer Request from Jackie Gibson for Lou McMullin,

This is from Jackie Gibson. Thank so much for your prayers for the repose of the soul of Lou McMullin, and may the peace and comfort of Jesus be with his whole family; and yours as well, Teri & Michael (see below)


Dear Michael and Teri, 
I have been away for several weeks visiting my daughter at school. And I just got back a couple of days ago. Thank you for the past prayers for  the dear sweet pianist Lou McMullin, who plays at Stoney Point in Pasadena. Sadly, when I returned I received a call that he had been transferred from the hospital to a convalescent hospital.  On Saturday, we went to go see him but he was not awake and breathing with an oxygen mask.  I had found out that after he fell and broke his neck, he was initially getting better and starting to walk a few steps.  He then, fell again and began to go down hill.  He didn't want to eat food anymore, and his kidneys and heart were beginning to fail.  We spent the evening talking and singing to him.  Today, Sunday, I received  a call that he had gone to be with Our Father in Heaven around 11 this morning.  He had suffered so much and it seemed to be one set back after another. And I know when I saw him last, we spoke about him getting well and getting back to playing piano.  Now he is playing the greatest gig of all with the Heavenly Cabaret of Angels, and he is no longer in pain and no longer suffering. I will miss him greatly, yet I have  great comfort knowing  that he is with Our Father.
 
Please ask the Prayer Warriors to pray for Lou, for peace and serenity, to be welcomed by a choir of angels and Our Lord and Savior, with open arms to surround him with love and calm. 
 
Thank you,
 
God Bless, 
 
Jackie Gibson
 

In Loving Memory
Almighty God, through the death of Your Son on the cross, You have overcome death for us. Through his burial and resurrection from the dead You have made the grave a holy place and restored us to eternal life. We pray for those who died believing in Jesus and are buried with him in the hope of rising again. God of the living and the dead, may those who faithfully believed in You on earth praise You forever in the joy of heaven. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
 

Prayer of Solace
May Christ support us all the day long, till the shadows lengthen, and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and our work is done. Then in his mercy may he give us a safe lodging, and holy rest and peace at the last.
Amen.

No comments: