Thursday, December 17, 2009

from Rose: Prayer Requests-Both my Sisters

This is from our Rose Pasalaqua of the St Agatha choir. Thank you for adding her request to lift up both of her sisters to your prayers and God be with you and yours, Michael (see below)

 
Dear Michael, Teri and all you Prayer Warriors,
 
I just found out that my sister Jane will be having an MRI at 6:30 p.m. this evening.  She has excruciating pain in her hip. The doctor said the source could be in relation to her spine.  She began having this problem last year. She was taking cholesterol medication. A doctor said her dosage was way too high and was prescribed much longer than necessary. Jane has been under much stress as her husband Tom is struggling with diabetes and is not too well at this time. Please pray that Jane's MRI results show nothing serious. Please prayer that her pain will subside so she doesn't have to live on pain killers. Pray for Tom's healing as well. 
 
My sister Martha will be having a valve procedure (surgery) this Friday, November 18. I don't have all the  details yet. She had been under tremendous stress for quite sometime with the illness and death of her husband Jack who had lost his battle with prostate cancer. At the same time he was ill, my sister also cared for two golden labs, who both had cancer, one right after another. They lost their battle as well. She was extremely attached to them. If there ever was another Florence Nightingale, that's my sister, in fact both of my sisters, Martha and Jane.,
 
Please pray that Martha's surgery goes smoothly.  I know and you all know the miraculous power of the one who is watching over both of my beautiful sisters.  But I also know the tremendous power of prayer.  That is why I come to all of you, the awesome prayer warriors, for your gifts of prayer to lift up both my sisters whom I love so dearly.  
 
Thank you from the bottom of my heart and God Bless you all.
 
Love,
 
Rose

For Healing
Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You. Allow your healing hand to heal me. Touch my soul with Your compassion for others. Touch my heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch my mind with Your wisdom, that my mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Teach me to reach out to You in my need, and help me to lead others to You by my example. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring me health in body and spirit that I may serve You with all my strength. Touch gently this life which You have created, now and forever. Amen.

 
       

No comments: