Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Praise report on Cathy Paiste

Dear Prayer Warriors,

Praise God! Thank you for your prayers for Catherine Paiste who underwent brain surgery on Dec. 11th at USC. She is recovering from the successful operation with very positive results. God bless you all and please see the history of e-mails below, starting with the good news from her friend Jennifer.

Happy New Year!
In Christ,
Teri & Michael

hi michael and teri

i'm one of cathy's friends. wanted to let you know that she is recovering and doing well. 

she pulled through surgery after about 6hrs in the OR. Doctors were able to remove all the foreign tissue and it was benign. Immediately post op she had full facial movements and retained some hearing on the side she had surgery. she stayed in the icu for 2 days, mostly due to some post nausea/dizziness. she transferred to the step unit on post op day #2 and was cleared for discharge post op day #3, the monday after surgery.

since then, she has made great progress in her recovery phase. she is at home with her family and celebrating the holidays. though she is not quite back to baseline, she feels quite blessed to not have any unexpected post op complications. everyday, she gains more strength and is one step closer to a full recovery and to attend service soon. 

thanks for keeping her in your prayers. - jennifer

Prayer After A Surgery
Blessed Savior, I thank you that this operation is safely past, and now I rest in your abiding presence, relaxing every tension, releasing every care and anxiety, receiving more and more of your healing life into every part of my being. In moments of pain I turn to you for strength, in times of loneliness I feel your loving nearness. Grant that your life and love and joy may flow through me for the healing of others in your name. Amen.


Dear Teri and Michael,
 
Thank you for all of your support and prayers.  You and the Church have certainly made this tough time for me a lot easier. I am finally at peace with my condition and upcoming surgery.  I have faith God will take care of me.
 
I will make sure someone updates you once my surgery is over.  And I hope to be able to make it to mass once I am up on my feet again so i can join all of you at St. Agatha.
 
Take care,
Catherine Paiste

Dear Prayer Warriors,

This is request for Catherine Paiste, who was anointed and prayed over on Sunday at the St Agatha 10am Mass. She will be having surgery on a
brain tumor Friday, Dec.11th at USC. Please keep her in prayer for a successful surgery and complete recovery. May her Guardian Angel be with her and the Holy Spirit give her comfort and strength.

Thank you and God bless you and your families,

Teri & Michael

Prayer Before Surgery
Loving Father, I entrust myself to your care this day; guide with wisdom and skill the minds and hands of the medical people who minister in your Name, and grant that every cause of illness be removed, I may be restored to soundness of health and learn to live in more perfect harmony with you and with those around me. Through Jesus Christ. Amen.


This is from someone who is new to me, Jonathan Chen. Please add his girlfriend Cathy to your prayers. Thank you so much and God bless you, Michael (see below)

Hi Michael,

I was told you were the contact for prayer requests.  Thanks for taking the time out to listen.  My girlfriend Cathy Paiste has been a member of your church for a few years and has loved the worship and fellowship there.  A couple months ago she was diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma which is a brain tumor.  The good news is its benign and according to her doctors, of all brain tumors thats the "best" one to have.  The bad news is she will have surgery 12/11 this year to have it removed at USC hospital with Dr. Gionatta.  The risks are potential facial paralysis (small chance) and losing her hearing in one ear (very high possibility).  She's a fighter and is being very positive about the whole situation, but at the same time is scared of the idea of brain surgery and recovery which can be a tough two months stuck at home.  At this point we are both hoping and praying for a positive outcome and for her to have strength through this whole process.  I think she needs God and the support of the Church more than ever at this time and if you could spread the word and pray for her we would really appreciate it.  Thanks so much.

Jonathan

No comments: