This is from Virginia Miller. We do not remember meeting her but no one is turned away from a prayer request. Thank you for adding her situation to your prayers and God bless you and your families, Teri & Michael (see below)
Hello Michael & Teri Lanham,
I am Virginia Miller, a 8:30 parishioner at St Agatha's.
Pray for me - I will pray for you.
Well, on Enrique Reyes suggestion, I am appealing to all the Prayer Warriors and prayer companions that I know of for my circumstance:
My Landlord has just sent a Late Rent Notice (I have just missed the August rent), adding on $25 for a late fee, but worst of all noting: You will be sent a "3 Day Pay or Quit" notice right after this if no action is taken [to pay the rent].
This is EXTREMELY serious.
I am a teacher, who is Subbing until I can get Full time Teaching, and there is no money in either of my Bank accounts right now. If all goes well - and it should - I will receive $220 on Thur or Fri from the Unemployment Development Dept (EDD), but that is it.
The rent is $785/ month.
As Sr Karen & Fr Bill are both out of town, I cannot even go to our church to ask, as there is no one to sign the check, even if it is approved.
As I do attend church in the a.m. at St Agnes & St Brendan's, I have sent voice mail messages to the Pastor of each church, asking if I may be helped, even if it is a "signature loan", with an agreement to pay them back, once my work and paychecks resume.
I have no where else to go, including St Vincent de Paul, Catholic Charities (evidently, CC has had all funding from Gov Brown cut off, my acquaintance is a regional supervisor, and has informed me, today). My relatives will not help.
Please pray for the pastors, Fr Bill Delaney, of St Agnes, and Fr Terry, of St Brendan's, to help somehow, someway.
Please Dear Lord shine your grace and generous favor on my situation,
oh please.
In Jesus holy name, I pray.
(Fr Ken now lives at the Rectory at St Brendan's, if you know him, ask him for prayers/ help also!)
Please pray for me.
I thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.
My need is very real.
God bless you, and all of your Prayer Warriors.
Amen. Amen. Amen.
I am so tired, but know God is listening, and answers will come along.
Bye,
Virginia Miller
(323)302-8678
Amen.
Confidence in God
It is good to mistrust ourselves, but how would that advantage us were we not to throw all our confidence on God, and to wait on His mercy? If you feel no such confidence, cease not on that account from making these acts and from saying to Our Lord: "Yet, O Lord, though I have no feeling of confidence in You, nevertheless, I know that You are my God, that I am all Yours, and that I have no hope but in Your goodness; so, I abandon myself entirely into Your Hands." It is always in our power to make these acts; although we have difficulty in performing them, still there is no impossibility. Thus we testify faithfulness to our Lord.
It is good to mistrust ourselves, but how would that advantage us were we not to throw all our confidence on God, and to wait on His mercy? If you feel no such confidence, cease not on that account from making these acts and from saying to Our Lord: "Yet, O Lord, though I have no feeling of confidence in You, nevertheless, I know that You are my God, that I am all Yours, and that I have no hope but in Your goodness; so, I abandon myself entirely into Your Hands." It is always in our power to make these acts; although we have difficulty in performing them, still there is no impossibility. Thus we testify faithfulness to our Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment