Thursday, March 12, 2020

Prayer Request from Gloria for Fr Bill: Since you asked about my health...

This is from Gloria. Thank you so much for your prayers and God bless you and your family, Teri & Michael (see below)



Hi Mike, how you and Teri doing?  May God continue giving you strength and faith to overcome all the trials you are going through.  Much love.


I received this from Fr. BILL
Please ask the Prayer Warriors warriors to continue praying for him
 



On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 11:22 PM, Gloria Hulse-Walker
<gloriahulsewalker@yahoo.com> wrote:
I know and I pray that God be by your side and he will guide the hands of all the surgeons for successful surgeries and may he put His blessed hands over your body for a miracle of complete healing, I know everything will be well.

In Jesus name i pray AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN 

Stay home. do not socialize. This virus is crazy!  

Be well love you.  

Gloria 


On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 11:02 PM, wx007@aol.com
<wx007@aol.com> wrote:
Gloria, 

This is what I sent out to the brothers earlier today. Feel free to share it with all who want to know.

Peace,

Fr. Bill

           Dear friends,

This is what I sent to Albert & the Council this morning. Feel free to share it with others in your community. I no longer have everyone's email saved into my phone.

Bill
P.S. Si vous ne pouvez comprendre l'anglais, demain  je peux le traduire -- ce soir, je suis trop fatigué pour le faire.
        Si ustedes no pueden entender el inglés, mañana puedo traducirla en español, pero esta noche, no tengo la fuerza, estoy   
        demasiado cansado.

Dear Albert and Councillors, 

As you know, I was in hospital a couple of weeks ago. I'd had diarrhea for over a month (not a word....not one single word on how I'm full of it!) and I was worried that something was radically wrong, so I finally went to my primary care physician. He wanted me to have a colonoscopy, so I scheduled one with a G-I doctor, and was doing the prep when I became ill--kept vomiting--could not even keep water down, and then became disoriented and dizzy (again, not ONE word!) So, Frank took me to the ER. 

They did blood tests and ended up admitting me--apparently my sodium was dangerously low which was causing the disorientation. They gave me anti-vomiting drugs and drugs to stop the diarrhea, and they also did a CT scan of my abdomen to see what they could find. 

Among other things, they found:
A gallstone in the gall bladder--a surprise, as I've had no pain at all--this, they felt could have caused the diarrhea.
A high lipase reading--which often means pancreatitis issues, again, they thought being caused by the gall bladder.
The scan caught by accident the lower lobes of both lungs and there they saw nodules, so they scheduled biopsies of those.
They also found some partial blockage of coronary and carotid arteries, during tests that were done due to high blood pressure, caused by their adding lots of sodium to the body.

On Monday, i went to the pulmonologist who had scheduled the lung nodule biopsies and he gave me the results. He said I have one nodule on the right lower lobe and one on the bottom of the left lower lobe. He says they are either cancerous or the kind of nodule that easily turns into cancer, so they have to come out. However, he DID say that if one has to have cancer this is what one wants, for it is self-contained and slow-growing. He has scheduled a PET scan for March 16, where I drink a glucose drink with a radioactive substance in it, so that whatever is metabolizing the glucose will glow on an X-Ray, so they know just where to do the surgeries. I have a colonoscopy and an endoscopy scheduled for March 26, and a consult with the lung surgeon who will do the surgeries on Mar. 31. I met with the surgeon who will do the gall bladder surgery, too, but he will wait until the lung stuff is done....I think.

So two surgeries are up-coming: lung and gall bladder. I'm going to see if either does facial plastic surgery while I'm at it. I've always wanted to look like George Clooney, so expect a change when you see me next! 

I wanted you to hear this from me before you hear it from anyone else...and I've told a few people here, so word will get around. I feel really good--no aches or pains, but I do tire early in the day...and late afternoon and early evening things are hard to find energy for. Also, due to the bowel issues, early morning stuff is problematic, too. So translated that means I'm really good for lunch dates--if any of you are so inclined! 

Peace,

Bill




Prayer before Surgery
Loving Father, we entrust Fr. Bill to Your care; guide with wisdom and skill the minds and hands of the medical people who minister in Your Name, and grant that every cause of illness be removed, he may be restored to soundness of health and live in perfect harmony with You and with those around him. Through Jesus Christ. Amen.

Prayer for Healing
Lord, look upon Fr. Bill with eyes of mercy, may Your healing hand rest upon him, may Your life giving powers flow into every cell of his body and into the depths of his soul, cleansing, purifying, restoring him to wholeness and complete health. Amen.

PRAYER FOR MIRACLES & HEALING
Heavenly Father, I trust in Your great love for me and all Your people. I ask You to unleash a wave of miracles and healing throughout Your church through the prayers of Your people. Touch the sick and the suffering, and restore them to wholeness and well-being. Lord Jesus, I ask for the grace to pray with expectant faith for my brothers and sisters who are hurting and in need of Your healing touch. Holy Spirit, open my eyes to see the kingdom of God all around me. Help me to recognize Your presence and Your work in the people I meet, and to be responsive to people I encounter that are in need of prayer.  In the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

No comments: