This is from Joc, and may be an answer to our prayers. Please continue to keep Joc lifted up for justice and God's blessing as he continues his struggles. Praise God for his encounter (described below) with the nun involved with those struggles. Thank you so much for your prayers and God bless you and your families, Teri & Michael (see this and another message from Joc below)
Hello Michael,
Thanks for the prayers.
Just the thoughts gave me a sense of peace and then came the sign of peace and God showed up with his sense of humor. As we were joyfully shaking hands with all of the beautiful guests I was prompted to turn around an start shaking the hands of the people behind me. I turned and took a hand to shake of a very sad looking lady. As my eyes focused closer I realized that I was shaking the hand of the person who closed Our Lady Help of Christians School and who very well may be the originator of my problem with the Knights and the Archbishop. I couldn't help but to smile at her and wish her the peace of Christ. The sadness seemed to disappear and she lighted up like a Christmas tree. Then she wished me peace. This in some small way may have been a miracle and I truly felt Deacon Jim's spirit in it.
PRAYER FOR MIRACLES & HEALING
Heavenly Father, I trust in Your great love for me and all Your people. I ask You to unleash a wave of miracles and healing throughout Your church through the prayers of Your people. Touch the sick and the suffering, and restore them to wholeness and well-being. Lord Jesus, I ask for the grace to pray with expectant faith for my brothers and sisters who are hurting and in need of Your healing touch. Holy Spirit, open my eyes to see the kingdom of God all around me. Help me to recognize Your presence and Your work in the people I meet, and to be responsive to people I encounter that are in need of prayer. In the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
I wish to let you all know that the Editors of La Opinion told me that they will publish on Sunday information that I did not make the negative statement about the Archdiocese that was previously reported.
God bless,
Joc
and this from earlier...in response to a question about Deacon Jim's funeral
Dear Michael,
I am sorry you couldn't make it but I am sure Deacon Jim understood. It was truly an awesome going home celebration of a humble and faithful servant of God. The principles of faith, humility, family, community, and the power of the Holy Spirit to draw people of various races, colors and creeds was all wrapped up in a beautiful praise filled package at the service. St Agatha's choir lead by it's Wounded Warrior Choir Director Eddie Hilley sent the praises up and I'm sure God sent the blessings down......
I have been saying lately that I know God has a sense of humor. Well at the service something funny and special happened to me. I was really struck by how strong Deacon Jim's presence seemed to be with us. Then the choir sang Amazing Grace. The words "He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs" stood out to me and I was thinking about how to use Deacon Jim's example of faith and humility to apply the Godly principle of looking past faults and seeing the needs of the people who are involved in my current situation.
Just the thoughts gave me a sense of peace and then came the sign of peace and God showed up with his sense of humor. As we were joyfully shaking hands with all of the beautiful guests I was prompted to turn around an start shaking the hands of the people behind me. I turned and took a hand to shake of a very sad looking lady. As my eyes focused closer I realized that I was shaking the hand of the person who closed Our Lady Help of Christians School and who very well may be the originator of my problem with the Knights and the Archbishop. I couldn't help but to smile at her and wish her the peace of Christ. The sadness seemed to disappear and she lighted up like a Christmas tree. Then she wished me peace. This in some small way may have been a miracle and I truly felt Deacon Jim's spirit in it.
God is really doing something special with his little church family on Adams and Mansfield.
God be with you,
Joc
God be with you,
Joc
No comments:
Post a Comment